After the Sunday Services
There is a unique opportunity to learn and to connect with others after each Sunday service.
After the 8:00 service, folks gather in the Byllesby Room for good food and coffee and impromptu conversations about current events.
Good snacks, good coffee and good conversation are available after the 9:15 and 11:15 services, typically in the Parish Hall downstairs. In the summer, after the 10:00 service, snacks and coffee are usually served upstairs in the narthex with eating and socializing often spilling out onto the front steps of the church.
At 10:25, between the 9:15 and 11:15 service, we hold lectures and discussions on a variety of topics in our Parish Hall, accompanied by midmorning snacks and good coffee.
Here's a sampling of past Adult Formation one-offs and series:
- Reading Genesis Together, exploring the first book of the bible with experts in biblical studies, hermeneutics, and theology (part of a Small Group series)
- Vision for SPR, roundtable discussions with the Vestry on our future
- The Meaning of Advent, a Godly Play presentation for all ages
- Death and Dying, from Theology to Practical Concerns
- Responding to Hatred including learning about Islam, the refugee crisis, and how to work against racism.
- What Is At Stake?, parishioners give talks about why they are part of a church and what difference it's made to them (part of a Small Group series).
- Understanding Privilege, a continuation of our antiracism work, exploring how privilege works through expert lecturers and personal testimony.