After the Sunday Services
There is a unique opportunity to learn and to connect with others after each Sunday service.
After the 8:00 service, folks gather in the Byllesby Room for good food and coffee and impromptu conversations about current events.
At 10:25, between the 9:15 and 11:15 service, we hold lectures and discussions on a variety of topics in our Parish Hall, accompanied by midmorning snacks and good coffee.
Here's a sampling of past Adult Formation one-offs and series:
- Reading Genesis Together, exploring the first book of the bible with experts in biblical studies, hermeneutics, and theology (part of a Small Group series)
- Vision for SPR, roundtable discussions with the Vestry on our future
- The Meaning of Advent, a Godly Play presentation for all ages
- Death and Dying, from Theology to Practical Concerns
- Responding to Hatred including learning about Islam, the refugee crisis, and how to work against racism.
- What Is At Stake?, parishioners give talks about why they are part of a church and what difference it's made to them (part of a Small Group series).
- Understanding Privilege, a continuation of our antiracism work, exploring how privilege works through expert lecturers and personal testimony.
For the current or upcoming Adult Formation series, check out Coming Up at SPR.
Monthly Lunch and Preacher Talkback
After the 11:15 service:
Monthly Lunch Once a month, enjoy a full lunch in our Parish Hall, crafted by some of our community's best cooks.
Preacher Talkback On the Sundays we don't have lunch, stick around for a forum to talk back to the day's preacher about her or his sermon. Ask questions, give a different viewpoint, or share what the sermon meant to you.