All children aged 8 and up (who are not part of a Children's Choir) are invited to join the Acolytes.
What Do They Do?
Acolytes assist the clergy in presiding in the 9:15 service, including
- leading the processions
- helping set the Altar for Communion
- helping clean up after the service
- It's a great way for kids to learn about what we do in worship and why we do it.
- Children and youth feel more invested in going to church when they have a job to do.
- It's an important way to contribute to the community.
- It's a good way to make friends.
What's the Commitment
Acolytes typically serve once or twice a month. Before we set each quarterly schedule, parents have an opportunity to block out the dates their kids are unavailable. Substitutes can also be requested as needed.