We have two fantastic adult choirs, one for the 9:15 service and one for the 11:15 service. Consider joining one of them.
Regular Weekday Rehearsals
9:15 & 11:15 Adult Choirs: Thursdays, 7:00-9:00p, with a 10-15 minute break for socializing.
Followed by Sung Compline (optional), which many members have come to appreciate as a prayerful end to their day.
We understand that one's life can be full of many activities and obligations. Weekly rehearsals allow everyone to attend as often as possible, and minimize the impact of absences. Choir members are encouraged to try to limit their absences to one per month.
See the current Choir Calendar.
Special Choral Events
The Adult Choirs prepare major works for several liturgical events throughout the season, including
- Haïti Sunday (Sep 23)
- Classical mass for All Saints’ Sunday (Nov 4)
- Christmas Eve
- Jazz mass for Carnival Sunday (Mar 3)
- Ash Wednesday (Mar 6)
- Holy Week and Easter (Apr 18-21)
- Pentecost (May 9)
Why Join a Choir?
Singing in a choir is one of the most rewarding experiences available at SPR:
- You get in-depth understanding of our music and liturgy.
- You are expertly supported as you stretch and improve your musical skills.
- You provide an invaluable service to your fellow parishioners.
- You join a warm community of fun-loving, mutually supportive, hard-working fellow singers.
Can't Commit to a Whole Year?
Try joining a choir for a season. Here are the seasons for 2018–2019:
- EARLY FALL: starts 2nd week of Sept 2018 and culminates on All Saints Sunday, Nov 4.
- ADVENT: Preparations start 2nd week of Nov 2018 and this season culminates at the Christmas Eve 9:00p service.
- EPIPHANY: starts 1st week of Jan 2019 and culminates on Carnival Sunday, Mar 3.
- LENT & EASTER: Preparations start in late Feb 2019 and culminate in the Holy Week services and Easter Sunday (Apr 18-21)
- EASTER SEASON: starts in early May 2019 and culminates on Pentecost Sunday, Jun 9.
Talk to Christian Clough to help you get started: email@example.com | (773) 624-3185 x223