- eggs, potatoes, bacon/sausage, and french toast
- orange juice and coffee
- mimosas and bloody marys
Our Food Garden grows thousands of pounds of fresh produce for the women at the St. Martin de Porres House of Hope shelter in Woodlawn. While we're enjoying brunch, we'll also be helping our Garden Team with. ...
- Harvesting produce for the shelter.
- Removing tomato, eggplant, cucumber, bean plants (they're done for the season).
- Disassembling trellises and removing irrigation lines for winter.
- Spreading compost (it doesn't smell).
- Cleaning up compost bins and the shed.
THE BOTTOM LINE
By the end of the morning, you'll be well-fed, know a few new friends, and feel good about feeding others in need.
SATURDAY, OCT 8
Come any time between 9:00a and 11:00a
The SPR Food Garden is on the north side of our building, on Dorchester Ave just north of 50th St.