All children aged 8 and up (who are not part of a Children's Choir) are invited to join the Acolytes.
What Do They Do?
Acolytes assist the clergy in presiding in the 9:15 service, including
- leading the processions
- helping set the Altar for Communion
- helping clean up after the service
- It's a great way for kids to learn about what we do in worship and why we do it.
- Children and youth feel more invested in going to church when they have a job to do.
- It's an important way to contribute to the community.
- It's a good way to make friends.
What's the Commitment
Acolytes typically serve once or twice a month. Before we set each quarterly schedule, parents have an opportunity to block out the dates their kids are unavailable. Substitutes can also be requested as needed.
How Do Kids Join?
Email Dan Puchalla, our Associate Rector, to arrange a time for your child to be trained, or if you have further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org