Caroling on Thursday Dec 14 at 5:30p
Please join SPR families for Christmas Caroling in the neighborhood. We head out into the neighborhood to bring Christmas cheer to our neighbors, then come back to the church for pizza and cookies. For more information please contact Gretchen Eng.
Saying Farewell to Peter Lane
On December 17, we will have two services, at 8:00 and 10:00. The Vestry invites you to join us after the 10:00 service in the renovated Parish Hall to celebrate Peter, Erin, Simon and Connor’s time at SPR. Good food will be provided.
Parents and Kids Cookie Exchange Party
All parents and kids are invited to a Christmas cookie exchange party on Saturday, December 16th from 2p-4p at Megg Hoover’s house. Please bring a batch of cookies and a kid-friendly snack to share. Drinks and some snacks will be provided. You will also get a to-go container for you to fill with cookies to take home. For more information please contact Megg Hoover.
Children’s Christmas Pageant Schedule
- 12/14: Evening Christmas Caroling & Pizza Party at 5:30p. Parents should feel free to chat about pageant roles with Gretchen during fellowship afterwards.
- 12/17: Roles and scripts distributed after Godly Play (around 11:30a)
- 12/23: Dress Rehearsal from 10-12p
- 12/24: Pageant Service at 5:00p, call time at 4:00p Any questions, volunteering, requests should be directed to Gretchen Eng. Please write her with your child/ren’s age(s) and name(s) if you would like to participate!
Youth Event: Nativity Outing this Sunday 4:30-7:30p
Join us tonight to head to St. Thomas Episcopal Church to view their live Nativity scene. We will learn more about their church and nativity expressions around Christmas. Dinner provided.
Service Schedule this Season
Sunday, December 17
- Two Services. 8a and 10a
- No Children and Adult Formation until Jan 7.
- Peter Lane’s Farewell. 11:15a
Sunday, December 24 Morning
- Two Advent IV Services. 8a and 10a
Sunday, December 24 Christmas Eve
- Christmas Eve Pageant & Liturgy 5p
- Festive Christmas Eve Liturgy 9p
Monday, December 25 Christmas Day
- One service. 10a
Sunday, December 31
- Two services. 8a & 10a
Sunday, January 7
- Three services. 8a, 9:15a and 11:15a
- Children and Adult Formation Resumes
Daily Office: Morning Prayer
Join for Morning Prayer every Tuesday & Thursday at 8a in the chapel led by Barnabas Pusnur. All are invited. If you are interested but can’t come at 8a please contact Barnabasto let him know of a time convenient to you.
Travel to Haiti This January
Are you interested in strengthening and learning more about our partnership with St. Patrick's Church in Tom Gateau, Haiti? You are invited to travel to Haiti on January 20-24 with a group of parishioners and clergy from SPR to build relationships and broaden our sense of community. The cost of the trip averages $1500.00. This includes round trip airfare, hotel, and meals. For more information please contact Gail Williams or Maureen Jesuthasan.